[tlhIngan Hol] placement of {je} relative to the {rIntaH}

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Jan 28 09:26:02 PST 2020

I was asking for more information. My motive was to focus on expressing meaning well in the language, which I now know to be inappropriate, since that was not the interest of the original inquiry. I’ve apologized for that insensitivity on my part, quite sincerely, and I genuinely intend to stop myself from further behavior of this sort.

You seem to believe that I want to be a problem here, hence your repeatedly calling me a “troll". I confess that I have accidentally stumbled into being a problem here, and I want to improve my citizenship here. I want to stop being a problem.

I don’t think I’m exaggerating or insulting anyone, or misleading anyone. I think that’s an honest recap.

Your paraphrases suggest that I was chastising him for sending an inappropriate post; that I wanted to stop the discussion or anything of a similar type. I understand that a reasonable person could interpret my post as such, if you presume that my motive was to shut down the discussion and disallow that kind of question.

I’m personally weary of that kind of question, but I’m quite capable of letting more interested parties have those discussions without further comment from me. That’s a promise. If I break that promise, you have full permission to give me a hard time about it. You have license to remind me that I promised not to do this again, though you should not try to expand this promise to pretend that it means I’ll never post here again.

I’m promising not to, in may’qel’s words, “crap on [his] posts” or on anyone else’s posts who wants to inquire about the minutia of fringe grammar. Feel free. Enjoy. I will leave you alone to do as you wish in this regard.

I do not promise to not post or to not reply to anything. I will try to keep my posts positive and interesting; a challenge for us all.

I very honestly assure you that killing discussion was not my motive or intent. I was not as careful with my wording as I should have been, though even if I had been, the level of criticism applied to anything I say here is remarkably tinted by presumption about my imaginary, dark motives.

You and I accuse each other a lot. It’s been a long-standing habit for both of us. I’d like that to happen less and am quite willing to actively seek to accuse you less. It would be helpful toward that end if you likewise presume less about my motives and accuse me less of things I’m not nearly so guilty of as you presume.

Up to this point, your attacks could be interpreted as reasonable. Continue them, and it will be increasingly clear to the community at large that you have no interest in resolving the unnecessary intensity between us.

The heat between us is not your fault. It’s our fault. I own part of it, and not all of it.

Continuing it because you are still pissed off for whatever reason would not be my fault. It would be your fault.

The past is done. I ask that you join me in an effort toward a more positive future.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.