[tlhIngan Hol] placement of {je} relative to the {rIntaH}

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Jan 27 06:00:41 PST 2020

The first problem is that your English sentence is very ambiguous, so how can we know exactly how to translate it? Do you mean “I was among those who captured the Romulans,” or do you mean, “I captured prisoners including some Romulans,” or do you mean, “I did a bunch of things, including capturing the Romulans,”?

As always, context could clarify this, but when you ask, “What’s the best way to translate X?”, you need to either provide the context, or give us a starting quote that is explicit enough that we know the shade of meaning you are seeking to express clearly. Otherwise, you make us guess at what you mean, or you seek a Klingon sentence that is equally ambiguous as the original English, which is hard to do because ambiguity may carry different shades of meaning in the two languages; it might be differently ambiguous.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.