[tlhIngan Hol] rIntaH and be-verbs

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Jan 23 06:55:52 PST 2020

Am 23.01.2020 um 15:41 schrieb SuStel:
> I should have been more careful with my literal translations of these.
>
> *jIQuch rIntaH
> ... and that happiness is over forever./
> ... and
> that strangeness is over forever./

I never saw {rIntaH} meaning that something is over, it means that an
action is accomplished.

 From ST3 {vIje' rIntaH} means that valkris has bought the thing, the
action of buying is complete, in the sense that this situation will last
forever, not that it's over forever.

I'm still not sure this would work with verbs of quality (which was
mayqel's question).

If I say {jIQuch} it's "I'm happy". Adding {rIntaH} would imply an
ongoing situiation, not that it has ended. Meanwhile, the question is:
Does {jIQuchta'} work, and what does it mean? {-ta'} implies that
something is accomplished, so what do you accomplish, when you {Quch}?

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"