[tlhIngan Hol] relative clauses with {Hoch} in noun-noun constructions

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jan 6 06:31:16 PST 2020

On 1/6/2020 9:01 AM, mayqel qunen'oS wrote:
> I found the sentence, which led me to creating this thread.
>
> Recently, I wrote:
>
> tIq 'oH nuj 'elHa'bogh Hoch mung'e'
>
> Translated in the "usual" way, then it means: "each origin which exits
> the mouth is the heart".
>
> Which doesn't make sense.
>
> But there's the "alternate" translation, which goes: "the origin of
> everything which exits the mouth is the heart".
>
> Is this alternate translation possible ?

A relative clause is a noun phrase. It stands in for a noun. Work out
what constitutes the clause, then you'll have your answer.

Is the clause *nuj 'elHa'bogh Hoch*/everything which un-enters the
mouth; the mouth which everything un-enters/ or *nuj 'elHa'bogh Hoch
mung'e'*/each origin which un-enters the mouth/? In this sentence, it
could be either.