[tlhIngan Hol] rIntaH and be-verbs

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 06:10:29 PST 2020

The way I understand {rIntaH}, it is to be used with action verbs e.g.
kill, attack, try, hunt, etc.

And even then, it is *only* to be used, when the action is intentional.

Meaning, that we *can* say {SuvwI' luHoH rIntaH jaghpu'}, but we *cannot*
say {loD luHoH rIntaH pumpu'bogh naghmey} "the rocks which fell killed the
man".

Of course, I may be wrong, and if I am, then please *do* correct me..

However, recently I begun to wonder, whether one could use {rIntaH} with
be-verbs.

For example, could we say something like the following ?

taQ rIntaH DevwI'
the leader is strange

~ mayqel qunen'oS