[tlhIngan Hol] New Words from DIS 2889

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 29 02:48:22 PST 2020

Am 29.01.2020 um 11:30 schrieb mayqel qunen'oS:
> If we talk on the phone, and I say to you {DaH paq mu'mey vIjatlh},
> then according to the newly revealed Ca'Non, the *only* way this is
> understood is, that I'm holding the book reading from the inside.

You cannot always reverse such info. It never sai that it ONLY means
reading from a book. I see this more literally: In English, I may say "I
now speak the words from the book". Do you know if I have the book, or
know from my mind? I think the same happens in Klingon. The phrase does
not include the reading, and it does not exclude reciting by heart.

> But what if I'm not actually reading from the inside, but I've
> memorized the passage in question ?

That is a good question, and I know that it's already on Maltz' desk.
We just need to be patient a little. Maltz is traveling a lot.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"