[tlhIngan Hol] placement of {je} relative to the {rIntaH}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Jan 27 11:31:05 PST 2020

On 1/27/2020 2:03 PM, Will Martin wrote:
> I spoke a sincere opinion that the discussions seem overly focused on
> exploring the outer fringes of syntax with very little interest in
> stretching ones ability to express a wide scope of meaning or a
> specific shade of meaning using the language.

When someone wants to discuss syntax, it is polite to discuss syntax. It
is rude to tell them the question they have isn't good enough —
especially when your reasoning is wrong.

If you want to find ways to stretch your ability to express shades of
meaning, by all means do so. Without hijacking someone else's question
about syntax.

> I’m sure there are at least ten posts about word order while using
> unusual syntax for every one post about how to express a given meaning
> in the language.

So post your enlightened ideas about expressing meaning.

By the way, there are plenty of discussions around here about finding
ways to express subtle meanings.

> I didn’t think that my post deserved a response, though I felt sure
> that it would get one, as you have proven, since censorship is so
> important to you. You clearly want an extraordinary degree of control
> over who speaks and what they say. So long as it fits your narrow
> interest, it’s fine, but stray, and receive admonition.

You were trolling. You admitted to trolling. You're trolling now.

> We can’t have a wider scope of topics. You won’t allow it, which,
> while on the topic, is fairly obnoxious and abusive.

Pick a wider topic. Post about it. Don't make accusations in your post.
Don't pound on people about how vague, wittering, and indecisive they
are. Don't hijack someone else's topic. I promise you, I won't argue
with you. I'll participate. I'll look forward to it. Finding new and
subtler ways to express something is satisfying.

But if you continue to answer people's questions about canon with
unevidenced conclusions from outrageous stereotypes, I'll still call
them out as not supportable.