[tlhIngan Hol] using {Doch} for non-physical things

Hugh Son puqloD Hugh at qeylIS.net
Fri Jan 24 08:34:09 PST 2020

> On Jan 24, 2020, at 10:25, mayqel qunen'oS <mihkoun at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I know that to express "matter", we have the noun {Soj}, but it *feels* too informal.

I’m not sure if it’s a matter of formality so much as it is one of idiom. It’s not an idiom that we would use in English, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be used in formal contexts in Klingon.

And even without going into idiom, I think you can use a more specific word than {Doch} for “matter” here. The newer glosses of “topic, subject, theme” for {meq} would seem appropriate.