[tlhIngan Hol] which of the two would you prefer ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Jan 20 08:59:37 PST 2020

ghunchu'wI':
> However, I don’t quite understand what
> “cause for us trouble” means. Can you
> describe a situation where you would use > that phrase?
SuStel:
> I would note that your English sentence,
> Why do we cause for us trouble because
> of him, is not well-formed.

Perhaps, the way I'd say the intended meaning in greek, bled through to
english, and then to klingon..

The situation I had in mind, was a boss having a problematic employee,
insisting nevertheless on keeping him, because he's a relative or something.

So, a fed up colleague, says to the boss "why do we cause for us trouble
because of him ?"

Meaning "why do we need to be constantly putting up with him ?"

Of course, one could ask just that..

But I was just wondering with regards to the order in which two nouns, each
with a type-5 suffix, would/could/should be placed.

~ mayqel qunen'oS