[tlhIngan Hol] MSN Star Trek Continuum

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 14:18:49 PST 2020

On Mon, 13 Jan 2020 at 16:27, Steven Boozer <sboozer at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> IIRC "Klingon Compendium" referred to the entire Klingon section of
> startrek.com's elaborate "Star Trek: Continuum" website.  It consisted of
> two parts:  (1) "Klingon Linguistic Studies" (i.e. tlhIngan Hol vocabulary
> with definitions [unfortunately NOT supplied by Okrand], simplistic
> examples of each word of the {bIbep} "you complain", {jIbup} "I quit"
> variety), and audio recordings of Okrand pronouncing each example;  and (2)
> the "Klingon Culture" database (i.e. descriptions and images of
> Klingon-related things seen in the shows and movies, e.g. gagh, d'ktagh,
> bat'leth, etc.).  "Klingon Databanks" sounds like another name for the
> latter.

Right. "Star Trek: Continuum" was the entire overall site, which was mostly
Federation- rather than Klingon-related stuff. The "Klingon Compendium" was
the Klingon-related area. One section within that was the "Klingon
Linguistic Studies".

The URL for the "Klingon Compendium" ended in "klingon_databanks.asp",
which is presumably the origin of the other name.

--
De'vID