[tlhIngan Hol] meaning of an {x-mo' verb-be'} sentence

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Jan 12 05:54:57 PST 2020

On 1/12/2020 8:19 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> Clearly,*I*  am not being understood, since accusers such as yourself consistently presume my motives with wild inaccuracy.
>
> The intriguing part is that I’m being accused of... wait for it... presuming your motives with wild inaccuracy.

lughchu' mayqel pum.

bIjatlhpu': "If he’s saying that he dodged a bullet, then perhaps his
focus on being concise has trumped his interest in being understood."

jangpu' mayqel: "You have the *really* nasty habit, of constantly
judging other people's motives, with regards to how they're willing to
use the language."

lughchu'. mayqel meq DanoHpu'. wIyajchu'qu'.

> I presume nothing about what you intended to poorly communicate.

"If he’s saying that he dodged a bullet, then perhaps his focus on being
concise has trumped his interest in being understood."

tlhIngan Hol jatlhlu'taHvIS, chay' /presumption/ jatlhlu'? mu'tlheghvam
Delchu' mu'vam.

batlh Qumpu' mayqel. vay' yajchu'be'pu', vaj boQmaj neHpu'.

>   I’ve lost interest in the thread entirely,

vaj qatlh QInvam DangeHpu''a' jay'? mu' Qav DaneH.

> having lost the faith that anything I write will be read without the veins protruding from your throat as soon as you see it’s from me regardless of content.

rut maQochHa', 'ej ngugh jIjatlh maQochHa'. bo'Dagh'a' Dalo'.

>   Your attitude about the source (me) makes further meaningful communication unlikely to be effective.

The source consistently makes improved attitude unlikely to be realized.

> I no longer care what you think on this topic. I will leave you to presume or express whatever you like however you like.

maj. bImejDI', DungeQ lojmIt 'e' yIchaw'Qo'.