[tlhIngan Hol] meaning of an {x-mo' verb-be'} sentence

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Sat Jan 11 05:06:30 PST 2020

The point everyone who makes this argument overreacts to is that I never say, “YOU can’t say that.” I make it clear that the grammar allows it. I just say that a Klingon probably wouldn’t say that for cultural reasons, and SuStel consistently jumps down my throat for saying a thing he personally forbids on this list.

I never suggest that it is more than an opinion. The passion of the objection suggests that I’m trying to take over this list and rip the language out of Okrand’s fingers, claiming it as mine to shape and modify to my whims.

It’s pretty silly, really.

Get over yourselves.

Sent from my iPad