[tlhIngan Hol] windlass

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:46:14 PST 2020

To me a {jIrmoHwI'} is basically something that causes rotation, but there is 
this variety that doesn't use ropes:


It's just a metal handle that generates leverage to cause something to turn so 
I'd guess it qualifies for the basic definition. Though I'm not sure what you'd 
preface it with.


On Friday, 7 February 2020 14:57:29 GMT Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> I think my question more about English than Klingon.
> Regarding the word {tlhegh jIrmoHwI'} which is translated as "windlass",
> what other kinds of {X jIrmoHwI'} would make sense, and how would you
> translate {jIrmoHwI'} without doing it literally?
> In other words, is there a "windlass" not used with a rope?

More information about the tlhIngan-Hol mailing list