[tlhIngan Hol] windlass

Jeremy Silver jp.silver at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:46:14 PST 2020

To me a {jIrmoHwI'} is basically something that causes rotation, but there is
this variety that doesn't use ropes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Lock_(water_navigation)#Windlass_(%22lock_key%22)

It's just a metal handle that generates leverage to cause something to turn so
I'd guess it qualifies for the basic definition. Though I'm not sure what you'd
preface it with.

HTH