[tlhIngan Hol] should {Dojmey} be treated as singular or plural ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 05:41:06 PST 2020

We have the noun {Doj}, which is given as "batch, pile, heap, accumulation".

And we have the noun {Dojmey}, which is given as "mass, masses, multitude,
a very large but indeterminate group of something".

But while the {Dojmey}, has the plural suffix {-mey}, its english
definitions, with the exception of "masses", are singular..

So, if I want to say "masses saw the chancellor", which of the following do
I need to write ?

{Qang leghpu' Dojmey} or {Qang luleghpu' Dojmey} ?

Or could it be, that if I mean "masses", I need to say {luleghpu'}, but if
I want to say "a very large group saw the chancellor", I should write
{leghpu'} ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS