[tlhIngan Hol] emphasizing by asteriscs prefixes and suffixes

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 7 11:21:57 PST 2020

SuStel:
> Usually suffixes only apply to things that
> come before them. A common exception
> is combinations with -moH, since that
> suffix changes the subject from the doer
> of the action to the causer, and the other
> suffixes might apply to either doer or
> causer.

Indeed !

Now that I re-read the relevant message from maltz, I noticed, that the
difference between the examples where the {-na'} *could* apply to the other
suffixes too, and the examples where it *can't*, is that in the examples
where it *can*, it can apply to suffixes which precede it.

What a relief, that there's a pattern which could explain this !

Often, trying to understand klingon grammar, turns to battling the hydra..

As soon as you begin to understand something, two more questions will crop
up.

~ mayqel qunen'oS