[tlhIngan Hol] {neH} after {-logh} or {ben}

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Feb 4 06:24:30 PST 2020

On 2/4/2020 8:59 AM, Hugh Son puqloD wrote:
>> On Feb 4, 2020, at 01:05, De'vID<de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>> I'm still interested in people's*opinions*  of a construction like {cha'logh neH} though. Would they accept it? Would they use it?
> I use this construction from time to time without thinking about it, usually followed by a realization that I don’t actually know if I can use it. I would accept it if somebody else used it, though I am fairly permissive and accept many things which I know not to be supported by canon.

If I were just a reader coming across this, I would silently acknowledge
it to myself and move on. If I were an editor for something that was
trying to be formally correct, I would ask the author to reword it to
avoid uncertain grammar. If I were an editor for something that wasn't
trying to be formally correct and needed the *neH* there for metrical or
other reasons, I would let it pass. If I were an editor for something
that wasn't trying to be formally correct but didn't need the *neH* to
be there for those reasons, I would ask the author to reword it to avoid
uncertain grammar.

As a writer, I would follow those same guidelines.