[tlhIngan Hol] "Make your own language"?

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 4 03:24:14 PST 2020

Am 04.02.2020 um 11:40 schrieb De'vID:
> I suggest {HollIj tlhIn yI'ogh}:
> * {Hol} n. language
> * {-lIj} your
> * {tlhIn} v. be particular, individual
> * {yI-} verb prefix for you-it
> * {'ogh} v. invent, devise
>
> An alternative is to use {chenmoH} "cause to take form" rather than {'ogh}.

One other alternative is the verb {ren} "design". It implies designing
something instead of inventing it. My point is that "a language" is not
something you need to invent. There are many languages, so there's no
need to invent the concept of "language".

Compare it to cars, houses or other things that are "designed {ren}".
The {Duj 'oghwI'} is the person who invented the car, not the one who
designed Ford's latest model.

But that's not a final thing, only a suggestion. I'll leave it open for
discussion.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"