[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tav

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 3 07:02:44 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Saturday, February 01, 2020

Klingon word: tav
Part of speech: verb
Definition: shake
Source: qep'a' 24 [2017]

AFAIK not used in a sentence.

(qep'a' 2017):  ... as in what you might do to wake someone up, or what James Bond does to a martini, or what you do to your right foot after you put it in and then put it out (Note: what freezing temperatures may do to you is {jelmoH}, not {tav})

SEE:
jel   		shake, tremble (v) (qep’a’ 2017)

(qep'a' 2017?):  ... as in the buildings are shaking because there's an earthquake, or everything in the house shakes when you slam the door, or I'm nervous or afraid so I'm shaking (Klingons have never experienced this, but they've seen it in others)

SEE ALSO:
wal 		vibrate (v)
Qom 		experience an earthquake or tremor (v)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons