[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hu'ma

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 16 10:32:26 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Klingon word: 	Hu'ma
Part of speech: 	excl
Definition: 	uh, umm
Source: 	qep'a' 26  [2019]

(qep’a’ 2019):  Sometimes {Hu'mI}  and sometimes shortened to {Hu}. Another pause vocalization is just a low-toned {ghghgh}.

Note the verbs {ghugh} "vocalize (by animals)" and {ghughugh} "growl".

SEE:
maj  		Good! (excl)
nuqjatlh  	What did you say?  Huh? (excl
toH  		So!  Well!;  Huh?  What? (excl)
va  		[Phew!  Pha!  Alas!] (excl)

SEE ALSO:
luq  		Yes!  Okay!  (excl)
lu'  		Yes!  Okay!  I will! (excl)

SuH  		Ready!  Standing by! (excl)
Su'  		Ready!  Standing by! (excl)
'eH  		Ready! (excl)

--
Voragh, Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
   Feel free to mention any relevant vocabulary or notes from the last year