[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tomat naH

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 15 10:50:26 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Klingon word: tomat naH
Part of speech: noun
Definition: tomato
Source: EuroTalk Talk Now Klingon

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

SEE:
naH  			fruit,  vegetable (n)
Du' naH 		produce (n)

SEE ALSO:
banan naH 		banana (n)
mengho' naH 		mango (n)
pIlam naH 		plum (n)
ghIrep naHmey 		grapes (n)
per naHmey 		pears (n)
raSber naHmey 		raspberries (n)
 Sutra'ber naHmey 	strawberries  (n)
'epIl naHmey 		apples  (n)

Some Klingonists used *{'anan naH} for pineapple, but in qep'a' 2019 we received {'IventoH}:

(qep’a’ 2019):  A Klingon fruit that grows on trees that’s kind of like a pineapple (though pineapples don’t grow on trees), largish with thorny projections on a reasonably hard shell or skin. Unlike a pineapple, though, the inside is more bitter than sweet. A pineapple may be referred to as a {tera' 'IventoH}.

--
Voragh,  Ca'Non Master of the Klingons
Feel free to mention any relevant vocabulary or notes from the last year