[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: ro'Sa'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Dec 11 07:19:09 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Thursday, December 10, 2020

Klingon word: 	ro'Sa'
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	rose (a Terran flower)
Source: 	The Little Prince  [TLP]

(TLP):  Since there's no Klingon equivalent for a rose, and this word is a specific name, this variation of the Federation Standard word is used.

SEE:
'InSong 			flower (n)
‘uma’  			petal (n)
por 			leaf (n)
DuQwI'Hom  		(small) spike (n) [use for "thorn"?]

SEE ALSO:
He'  			smell,  emit odor (v)

“That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.”
(Shakespeare, "Romeo and Juliet"; quoted in TOS “By Any Other Name”)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons