[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: QaplaStep

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Dec 9 07:27:51 PST 2020

Klingon Word of the Day for Wednesday, December 09, 2020

Klingon word: 	QaplaStep
Part of speech: 	noun
Definition: 	spool, reel, spindle
Source: 	qep'a' 27  [2020]

AFAIK never used in a sentence.

(qep’a’ 2019):  [{weSjech} "fabric, cloth, textile"] can be used for textiles or fabric in clothing, sheets, towels, and so on, but generally not for carpets or rugs (except for thin ones).

(Okrand to De'vID, 10/2014):  [Maltz] said there is a word perhaps best translated as "weave" and that he has heard of using sticks when doing a certain kind of weaving, but he didn't know a name for that other than weaving. (There are apparently other types of weaving also.) The word for "weave" (verb) is {nIq}.  For the sticks used when doing whatever this weaving technique is, he's only heard {Hut'Inmey tIq}.

SEE ALSO:
SupDIng   	cotton-like plant  (n)
  - "a Klingon plant, parts of which are used to make cloth" (qep'a' 2020)
weSjech 	fabric, cloth, textile (n)
Sut 		clothing (n)

paSrIq 		fabric used in carpets and rugs [not for clothing] (n)
tlhIm 		carpet, rug, wall hanging, blanket (n)

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Feel free to mention any relevant vocabulary or notes from the last year
or so which I’ve missed. I’ve fallen woefully behind in updating my files.