[tlhIngan Hol] numbers.. to join or not to join ? that is the question..

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Aug 31 09:25:40 PDT 2020

jatlhmeH tlhIngan Hol nughojmoH matlh.

ghItlhmeH tlhIngan Hol nughojmoH “Mark Okrand”.

You read Romanized, written Klingon in order to know what it would sound like if it were spoken aloud. While there are rules about when two nouns go together or are kept separate, these are more a matter of human notation of Klingon speech than of the language itself, and we’ve known for a long time that Okrand is not consistent in how he gloms number words together or keeps them separate.

Given the inconsistency, consider yourself correct whether you separate out the number words, or mash them together. Larger numbers might be easier to parse as separate words.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.