[tlhIngan Hol] unable to use the upper case letter to specify by not specifying

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 09:32:35 PDT 2020

nIqolay Q:
> Or use a longer phrase: qeylIS
> quvmoHmeH lat. By seeing that the
> referent is continually mentioned, the
> reader will hopefully conclude that they're
> someone important.
> (ghaH lat might have a similar effect,
> because it's an unusual phrasing, but that
> suggestion would no doubt be
> controversial.)

Your comments gave me the following idea:

{ghaH'e' quvmoHmeH loD, lat chenmoHpu'}

Here, the {ghaH} *has* to refer to the supernatural being, while at the
same time not specifying who/what this being is. In other words it's the
"He/Him" equivalent, we've been looking for.

So now we have a complete pie *and* a full dog ! (greek equivalent of "we
can have our cake, and eat it too")

Thanks  !!!

~ Qa'yIn