[tlhIngan Hol] thoughts on Qeq face (orient towards)

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Aug 18 09:09:30 PDT 2020

Thanks for the clarification. The original post in this thread did not provide sufficient context to know that the agent/subject directs the object to face the location of another noun, such that a steersman faces/orients a ship to the location of a person/place/thing.

In that case, if the agent is both the one doing the steering and the thing being steered, the reflexive {-‘egh} would be quite naturally appropriate. {-chuq} would, indeed, be… special.

Two different agents would be directing one entity to face the location of the other of two agents…?

Two different agents would cause each other to direct one entity to face the location of a person/place/thing? Like all those noir films with two people fighting over a pistol until someone gets shot, or two people fighting over a steering wheel until the car crashes?

Two different agents cause two different objects to orient themselves to the location of the other agent or the other object?

jIwuQchoH…

This, of course, makes the mirror and time travel examples more complicated, since there is no noun for “self”.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.