[tlhIngan Hol] does someone vor a disease or a person ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Aug 4 14:17:50 PDT 2020

You’ve hit the biggest problem with the glosses in the word list. We are left to watch canon and otherwise make assumptions about what objects are appropriate for any given verb. Usually it matches English, but not always. Many people have read the gloss for {vIH} and assumed that it takes an object, when we learned years after TKD was published that if A moves B, the verb is {vIHmoH}.

So, if we can’t always tell whether a verb takes an object at all, how are we supposed to know which objects are appropriate for each verb? We usually don’t. We guess.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.