[tlhIngan Hol] not repeating the 'e' of a sao

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 05:21:31 PDT 2020

We have the Ca'Non example of:

romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'
romulan hunter-killer probe

The way I understand this, it is either:

romuluSngan (Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh) nejwI'
(the {Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh} functions like a single verb with a single noun)

And/or it functions like:

romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej (romuluSngan) HoHbogh nejwI'
(the second {romuluSngan} is elided)

Suppose now, that based on the above, I write:

Example #1:

romuluSngan Dujmey Qaw' tlhIngan yo' 'e' luSovbogh 'ej luchaw'bogh
tera'ngan DIneH
we want terrans who know and allow that the klingon fleet destroys
romulan vessels

Example #2:

romuluSngan Dujmey Qaw' tlhIngan yo' 'e' luSov 'ej luchaw' tera'ngan
the terrans know and allow that the klingon fleet destroys the romulan vessels

Based on the {romuluSngan Sambogh 'ej HoHbogh nejwI'} example, aren't
the examples 1 & 2 to be accepted as being grammatically correct ?

~ Qa'yIn