[tlhIngan Hol] If pIqaD became Ca'Non..

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 10:29:01 PDT 2020

On Thu, 30 Apr 2020 at 17:13, Will Martin <willmartin2 at mac.com> wrote:

> Aside from the arguments about which, if any, English punctuation that
> Klingon ought to have, nobody has brought up the excellent likelihood that
> if Klingon HAD punctuation, it just might be for things radically different
> from English.

In TNG and other shows, we often saw the {pIqaD} glyphs rotated by
multiples of 90 degrees within the same text. I've always thought that it
would be neat if rotation was the way to mark off a dependent clause or
something or indicate things which might've been indicated by punctuation
in English.

--
De'vID