[tlhIngan Hol] {-pu'} vs {-ta'} on verbs of speech

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 09:17:04 PDT 2020

lieven:

> Well, based on that logic, almost

> everything is done intentionally.

You're right.

In fact at some time I wondered, why we don't always use {-ta'} instead of {-pu'} for actions performed by people.

Somewhere along the road, in my mind the sense of "accomplishment" was assimilated (as the borg would say..) by the sense of "intentional action". And it was then, when my understanding on the matter went down the drain.

Anyways, luckily, after reading this thread I flushed my misunderstanding out of my system..

~ mayqel qunen'oS