[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu': 'aS 'IDnar pIn'a' Dun

nIqolay Q niqolay0 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 07:42:36 PDT 2020

majQa'!

One thing I like lately is how MO has been providing new verbs which seem
to be related to existing nouns, giving a sense of some deeper historical
etymology. ({rutlh} = "wheel" and "be round", for instance.) {QIn} "inject"
might be another example, since it's homophonous with the word for
"spearhead", both of which involve sticking a pointy thing into something
else.

Also, this seems to be acknowledgement of the word {ngIS}, which was coined
for a Klingon novel but wasn't canon.

{mu' chu' loScha'mey:}
{DItlhon} = "dixon" in the xifan hol transcription system. In the holodeck
scene of "Star Trek: First Contact", Ruby is the name of one of Dixon
Hill's lady friends.
{patmor} = Beryl Patmore is a character on Downton Abbey. Emerald is a
variety of the mineral beryl.