[tlhIngan Hol] does the {-ta'} leave room for interpretation for the {-pu'} ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 01:51:29 PDT 2020

Thinking this further..

Even if we chose to interpret the qaqIpta'be' as qaqIp(ta'be'), i.e.
the {-be'} acting on the {-ta'} and then their combined meaning acting
on the verb, then again I don't see how we could have the "I
deliberately did not hit you" meaning.

With the {-be'} acting solely on the {-ta'}, the meaning goes that "an
action which would be intentional didn't happen", since the way I
understand the "intentionality" of the {-ta'}, it is a concept
coloring the verb and not the {-be'} which follows it.

~ mayqel qunen'oS