[tlhIngan Hol] New words from Hamletmachine

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:36:01 PDT 2020

On Wed, 1 Apr 2020 at 09:04, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 01.04.2020 um 05:55 schrieb De'vID:
> > Why not both?
>
> I also thought it may be both, but what about {yoymoH}?

Different emphasis? To {yoymoH} is to cause something to be upside down,
focusing on the final state. To {qaw'moH} (if I understand it correctly) is
to apply a force to something to cause it to move away from its currently
stable orientation.

When you {qaw'moH} a chair by kicking it, it does not normally become
{yoy}. Maybe {leDchoH quS rav je}.

When you {qaw'moH} a playing card, does it become {yoy} or {Dop}? I'm
thinking that one axis is {yoy} and one is {Dop}, but I'm not sure which is
which. (If you have a card face down on the table, you can flip it to
reveal the face. If you have a card face up on the table, you can rotate it
so that it faces the player sitting opposite from you. This doesn't matter
so much for the standard deck of playing cards, but might matter for card
games where orientation indicates the card's state. I *think* the former is
{DopmoH} and the latter is {yoymoH}, but it could easily be the other way.)

--
De'vID