[tlhIngan Hol] comma between nouns joined by je

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 05:21:20 PDT 2020

Suppose we write: {vutwI' Duj nISwI' 'obe' je}.

To avoid misunderstandings, it would be a good idea to place a comma as
such: {vutwI' Duj, nISwI' 'obe' je}.

So far so good; but now I wonder.. If we had a simple construction as
{tlhInganpu' Humanpu' je}, would it be wrong to write {tlhInganpu',
Humanpu' je} ? Is there a rule or reason which prohibits the placement of a
comma between two "simple" nouns joined by {je} ?

Now, perhaps someone wonders "why would I want to do that?"

For reasons of consistency. If I'm placing a comma between two compound
nouns, then why not place a comma between two "simple" nouns too ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS