[tlhIngan Hol] does the {-ta'} leave room for interpretation for the {-pu'} ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:32:18 PDT 2020

Suppose someone asks: {qatlh choqIppu'?}/{qatlh choqIppta'?}.

Somehow, I get the impression that by answering {qaqIpta'be'}, this
answer could be interpreted as "I hit you, but it wasn't on purpose."

Somehow, I get the impression that by combining {-ta'} with {-be'},
the listener could *still* understand that the action took place, but
that it wasn't intentional.

So, is this the case indeed? Does the {-ta'} leave room for
interpretation for the {-pu'}?

~ mayqel qunen'oS