[tlhIngan Hol] placement of question words with regards to a {-'e'}ed noun

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Mon Apr 27 11:05:42 PDT 2020

On 4/27/2020 1:40 PM, Lieven L. Litaer wrote:
> But in this case, it is only said that "the adverbial may follow the
> object noun", but nobody talks about question words. So we could start a
> discussion if a question word is an adverbial?
>
> I think this only aplies to adverbials, but I think that is sounds quite
> right to use questions in there as well.

I have no problem at all with allowing *qatlh* and *chay',* which work
just like adverbials, to substitute in the adverbial role for "fronting"
objects.

Imagine you've just murdered a guard. Your friend sees the body, looks
up at you wide-eyed, and whispers: *'avwI''e' qatlh Dachotpu'?* /The
guard! Why did you murder him?/