[tlhIngan Hol] Deuteronomy 6:4-9

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 06:41:09 PDT 2020

DeSDu',

I checked with the greek translation of Deuteronomy, and from 6:4 to
6:8 the greek text uses bI-/yI- since the person/god/prophet talking
addresses israel as a whole. But at 6:9 the person/god/prophet
addresses many people so the text uses plural.

This means that the {juH qachlIj lIvqa'nanDaq, lojmItlIjDaq tIghItlh}
actually should be {juH qachraj lIvqa'nanDaq, lojmItrajDaq tIghItlh},
if you'd like to conform to the greek translation. Also note, that in
the greek translation, it is {juH qachmey lIvqa'nanmey} and
{lojmItmey}. Of course, the {lojmItmey} is expressed by the {tI-} in
the {tIghItlh} but whatever..

Although I think, that what would be most important, is if someone
could provide for you input with regards to how the original text
goes, since the greek text is just a translation of it.

If you'd need me to look up anything else, let me know.

~ mayqel qunen'oS
where the ancient cat goes, we follow