[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu': 'aS 'IDnar pIn'a' Dun

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:25:44 PDT 2020

melanie roney:

> I'd prefer multiple verbs,

> To kiss romantically / sexually

> To kiss as friends

> To kiss family

Me too..

In times like these, the iphone/android analogy comes to mind.

Klingon resembles an iphone, which may be beautiful as a device, it may have an excellent operating system, it may be able to kick ass in so many different ways..

But it's unable to do some simple things, which the cheapest android device can do in an instant.

You can say a billion things in klingon, and with the exception of texts requiring specialized terminology, one can say virtually anything.

But there are times, when to express the simplest of things, you have to jump through so many hoops.

And with regards to "kissing" I wonder..

Would the choice of {chop} be the choice of okrand, even if DeSDu' hadn't used the {pe'vIl chop} in his translation ?

Could it be, that if DeSDu' hadn't used the {pe'vIlHa' chop}, now we'd have a more useful way to express kissing ?

I guess we'll never know..

~ m.q.