[tlhIngan Hol] mu' chu': 'aS 'IDnar pIn'a' Dun

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 13:42:27 PDT 2020

I’m totally with Okrand on {‘aS} being preferable to {‘oS} to transliterate “Oz”, in terms of vowel sound, but I wonder about transliteration of the English “Z” into Klingon.

Logically, we can deduce that {S} is the closest sound in Klingon to the English “Z", but I wonder if the vocalization of the “Z” would bother them enough that they’d simulate it with some vocalized sound next to it, like {‘aghSe’}.

That actually sounds closer to “Oz” to my ear than {‘aS}.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.