[tlhIngan Hol] use of {-'e'} in order to mark the topic of a discussion

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sat Sep 7 04:17:01 PDT 2019

I'm talking about cats in general..

And after I've talked for quite some time, I want to shift the topic
of the discussion to the ancient cats in particular.

Would the following be correct/acceptable ?

{yadda yadda yadda vIghro'mey, yadda yadda yadda vIghro'mey, yadda
yadda yadda vIghro'mey, yadda yadda yadda vIghro'mey.

vIghro'mey tIQ'e'..
(as for the ancient cats..)

..and the yadda yadda continues, but now for the ancient cats..}

Would this use of {-'e'} in order to describe a change of topic/the

Or would the {vIghro'mey tIQ'e'} be marked/overmarked, or whatever the
jay' you call it ?

~ mayqel qunen'oS
za dashu snaku zigur, durbgu nazgshu, durbgu dashshu