[tlhIngan Hol] HaQchor and cockroaches

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Thu Sep 26 10:47:22 PDT 2019

Some time ago, there was a discussion here about "saccharin", i.e.
{HaQchor}. Here's a short story I just remember from talking with Marc
Okrand which I'd like to share with you.

When working on the Klingon Dictionary, Marc Okand decided to have that
word in the list, because he thought about what we could have in the
future, and he thought that "artificial sweetener" would certainly be
something we have in the future.

During that discussion, he also said that if there would be any animal
that survives into that future, it would definitely be the cockroach,
because they seem to survive everything. That's why it's in the list as
well.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"