[tlhIngan Hol] ordering of multiple adverbials

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Tue Sep 17 06:17:33 PDT 2019

On 9/17/2019 8:48 AM, Will Martin wrote:
> So, how do we know that since the use of multiple adverbials is so
> uncommon, the linguists simply haven’t yet noticed the pattern of
> adverbial types? This could very well be an as yet undiscovered rule
> of grammar in Klingon.

We don't have enough evidence to prove it one way or the other. I don't
think anyone here has declared that they've found the correct rule.

I would warn not to go by how things "feel." English has its own
not-completely-understood scoping and ordering rules that may bias us
toward one interpretation over the other. I imagine Greek does too. As
none of us is a native Klingon speaker who grew up among native Klingon
speakers, we can never be sure we have that innate sense of the rules.