[tlhIngan Hol] scope of the {jay'}

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Fri Sep 13 06:57:30 PDT 2019

On one hand, putting {jay’} into a sentence generally conveys the sense, “I’m upset about this and I’m cussing.” It has more to do with expressing the emotion of the moment than it does with any specific grammatical unit.

On the other hand, technically, it applies to the phrase to which it is adjoined. A phrase is a unit of speech smaller than a sentence. In your sentence, it’s the verb {bo’elpu’}. “You have #$*@ entered…"

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.