[tlhIngan Hol] dishonorable vs dishonored

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 30 12:01:18 PDT 2019

HQ 12.3:8-9):  {Qaq} "behave falsely honorably, behave in a falsely honorable manner" … is used in cases where one misrepresents oneself in order to be accorded honor one is not entitled to, and in that way it is different from {toj} "deceive" and {ghet} "pretend", neither of which has this kind of connection to honor […] {ghet} and {ghetwI'} “pretender” generally do not imply deception, but simply role-playing.

In this case since deception is implied I would use {QaqwI’} for someone “misrepresents oneself in order to be accorded honor one is not entitled to”.

Voragh