[tlhIngan Hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Qaw'

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Oct 1 08:08:53 PDT 2019

Klingon word: Qaw'
Part of speech: verb
Definition: destroy

nuQaw'laH
He can destroy us. TKD

nuQaw'qu'be'
They have not finished us off. TKD

Qaw''eghpu'
He destroyed himself. TKD

not Soj QaQ Qaw' tlhInganpu'
Klingons never destroy good food. CK

noH QapmeH wo' Qaw'lu'chugh yay chavbe'lu'
"Destroying an empire to win a war is no victory" TKW

SuyDuj DaQaw'chugh qagh DaHoH
If you destroy the merchant ship, you kill gagh. KGT

romuluSnganpu' Dujmey DIQaw'pu'; pe'vIl DIbI'chu'pu'
We destroyed the Romulans' ships all at once. KGT

HovpoH Hut vagh cha' wa' vI' jav Dujvam 'aghlu'pu' 'ach Qaw'lu'pu'
[This ship was demonstrated on Stardate 9521.6 but it was destroyed.] S33

jagh Duj DaQaw' 'ach pagh qama' Datlhapqa'
Destroy enemy vessel without retrieving prisoners. MKE

ghIq juHDaj'e' lunchenmoHpu'bogh
    vavDaj ghopDu' paw qeylIS
    Qaw'lu' 'ej chIm 'e' tu'
Then Kahless arrived at his home,
    Once built by his father’s own hands,
    He found it destroyed and desolate.   (PB)

qeylIS Qaw' 'e' nIDmeH
    yerDaj weH molor
    'ej juH qachDaj meQmoH  (PB)
Molor did not destroy Kahless
    By burning his house
    Or ravaging his lands.  (PB)

mapIm ngIq maH 'e' luQaw'meH ghoS chaH.
They come to destroy our individuality. (DSC "Battle at the Binary Stars" NON-CANON)

SEE ALSO:
ghor 		break (v)
pej 		demolish (v)
chenHa'moH 	destroy (v)