[tlhIngan Hol] missing words from kli's "new words not in the original lexicon"

Lieven L. Litaer levinius at gmx.de
Wed Oct 30 00:40:29 PDT 2019

I wrote:
>     PS: There's also the addition to {jIr} (ladeeda) where he said "don't
>     write it down, it's wrong", but some people did anyway.

De'vID asked me off-list, what the mistake might be, so I thought I'd
send this answer publically, as it seems important for all of us.

The KLI new words list writes for the exclamation {jIr}:

"When the word was first encountered it was accompanied by a gesture of
pointing upward and moving the hand in a circular motion, but Marc
Okrand made clear that the gesture is not an integral part of the
exclamation."

I'd like to add even more precise: Marc Okrand said:
"No, forget about that. Don't write that down."

So again, what he meant was: "DON'T! Write. That. Down!"

I have had that discussion many years ago, and repeat it now. He clearly
told us to ignore it, and it should have never gone even outside of that
building we were at.

So it's my request that this note is removed from the new words list
because it's basically non-existant.

(It's like saying "When okrand send me that word, he had a typo in his
email, but I'm sure that thlIgnan is not a new word")

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka the "Klingon Teacher from Germany"