[tlhIngan Hol] missing words from kli's "new words not in the original lexicon"

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 10:17:57 PDT 2019

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 at 11:06, Lieven L. Litaer <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 27.10.2019 um 10:39 schrieb De'vID:
> > (The words {Hov lat}/{Hovlat} and {SoS taj}/{SoStaj} are also only
> > spoken and not written in that game, and I'd like to know if there's a
> > space between the individual parts of the compounds, though I suppose it
> > probably doesn't matter.)
>
> Usually, his answer is that since Klingon is a spoken language, it
> doesn't matter. But since we usually only WRITE Klingon, it does matter
> for us, so I'll ask...  :-)

Right, which is why I'm not as concerned about that as
*{Qob/ghob/ghab-'etlh}. We basically know that {Hov lat} and {SoS taj} are
correct, whether o not there also happens to be a lexicalised form
*{Hovlat} or *{SoStaj}. But it's annoying that we don't know the name of a
Klingon weapon. It's also annoying that we can't easily run the Klingon CD
game to look at what the {nuH bey'} looks like any more.

(Lieven will probably reply to this telling me that pictures of everything
from KCD is on the KlingonWiki somewhere, but I couldn't find any.)

--
De'vID