[tlhIngan Hol] does {yay'} have a positive or a negative meaning ?

Will Martin willmartin2 at mac.com
Tue Oct 29 12:09:51 PDT 2019

In English, the word “surprise” requires context to know whether it’s positive or negative. The only thing it definitely suggests is a lack of expectation of whatever happens. Sometimes also, lack of preparation for whatever happens.

Surprise birthday party. Surprise attack. Surprise scientific discovery.

charghwI’ vaghnerya’ngan

rInpa’ bomnIS be’’a’ pI’.