[tlhIngan Hol] can the object of the {-meH} be the subject of what follows it ?

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 05:33:51 PDT 2019

SuStel:
> tlhIngan leghmeH romuluSngan jach tlhIngan means
> In order that the Romulan sees the Klingon, the Klingon shouts.

There is still something which confuses me..

We have the sentence:

{tlhIngan leghmeH romuluSngan jach tlhIngan}

The first part of the sentence, the {tlhIngan leghmeH romuluSngan},
describes a purpose; the purpose that the "romulan sees the klingon".

I can't understand "whose purpose this purpose is". Is this a purpose,
which the romulan has ? Because if the romulan has this purpose, then
how is it possible that someone else, i.e. the klingon, is the one
acting towards that purpose in the second part of the sentence ?

Or is this purpose, just "a purpose in general", case in which it
*does* make sense for someone other than the romulan, to be acting
towards that purpose ?

- bara'qa'