[tlhIngan Hol] x nuq vs nuq x & 'Iv x vs x 'Iv

mayqel qunen'oS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Oct 14 01:48:39 PDT 2019

With regards to this matter I've wondered, how one would translate the
{vIghro' tIQ 'oH nuq'e'}, if he were to consider the "as for (go
figure)" meaning of a {y 'oH x'e'} sentence.

If we write {nuq 'oH vIghro' tIQ'e'}, then this would mean "as for an
ancient cat, what is it ?"

But if we was to write {vIghro' tIQ 'oH nuq'e'}, then perhaps it would
be strange to say "as for what is an ancient cat ?".

Anyways, not that I understand this perfectly, and since both them
options are grammatically legit, then no worries, right ?

But it would be good to know, what's the story here.

~~ bara'qa'